Welcome true believers to Virtual D&D Weekends!!!! As the world continues to change, and how we game evolves, we are excited to partner with Wizards of the Coast to launch this new monthly D&D program.
Starting this November 13th to 15th, we will be organizing a huge weekend celebration of D&D games, friends, hanging out, and other exciting surprises that will then repeat each month into 2021 and beyond. The newest released seasonal content, epics, special events, and CCC content from the D&D Adventurers League (AL) as well as non-AL content and even older editions of D&D games will be available as the program ramps up and expands. All available from the comfort of your own home, no mask required (but please wear one when stocking up on snacks to prepare for the weekend).
If you are here then you are interested in helping out at a future show. Thanks in advance and we hope you find what we have to offer enticing and join our ever expanding family of DM’s.
How it Works:
- Below you will find a list of current events that we have open and for which we are accepting DM applications. If you are interested in an event, click on the link and fill out the form for that event. Make sure to fill the form out as completely and accurately as you can and fill out the note field if you have any questions or comments.
- Once you submit the form you will receive an email confirming your selections. This email will also contain links to a W-9 form (or a FW-8BEN for foreign DM’s), and our DM Contract. If this is your first show both of these need to be filled out and returned before the process continues.
- If you have not had a background check performed by Baldman Games (BMG) in the past two years one will be done at this time. The cost for this will be paid by BMG and then deducted from your first contractor payment (usually $30 or less).
- Once you have completed this process, you will receive a schedule from us with a link to our DM Discord server specific to that event. Please join as soon as you receive it, so you can begin preparing for the event, meet your fellow DM’s, and become part of our community.
How I get Paid:
- As a DM you will get paid based on the number of paid players sitting at your table. The rate is 75% of the ticketed price after credit card processing fees. Currently the rate for a 4-hour adventure is $15 per players and a 2-hour adventure is $8. Learn to Play is at a reduced price of $4 but will be paid out to DM’s as if it was $8.
- At the end of a show, we will calculate all the players at your various tables, what we collected in ticketing fees, and then back out the credit card processing fees. 75% of that is your event total. We will then recoup anything we have paid for previously on your behalf (such as hotel rooms, event badges, etc. – this will be known to the DM upfront) to come to your total.
- Our goal is to have this calculation done and payments out within 10 days of the end of a show.
- Payments will ONLY be made via PayPal so a valid email address that can accept this payment is required.
- If your total payment for a fiscal year is more than $600 we will be required by Federal Law to issue a 1099-NEC to you in January of the following tax year. BMG cannot provide tax advice, so please consult a tax advisor if you have questions regarding a 1099, deductible expense, and other options you may or may not have.
Current Show Schedule
(subject to change):
November 13th – 15th, 2020
December 11th – 13th, 2020
January 15th – 17th, 2021
February 19th – 21st, 2021
March 12th – 14th, 2021
April 16th – 18th, 2021
May 7th – 9th, 2021
June 11th – 13th, 2021
July 7th – 9th, 2021